|Serves Me Right For Giving General George S. Patton the Bathroom Key|
|Season 13, Episode 15|
|Air date||April 26, 2009|
|Written by||Tim Croston & Chip Hall|
|Directed by||Steve Robertson|
Born Again on the Fourth of July
Bad News Bill
Serves Me Right For Giving General George S. Patton the Bathroom Key is the 250th episode of King of the Hill. It was first aired on April 26, 2009. The episode was written by Tim Croston and Chip Hall, and directed by Steve Robertson.
In this episode, Hank learns that his father Cotton left him a list of his last wishes. Hank takes this responsibility very seriously; unfortunately Dale and Bill are too busy ending their friendship over a discarded beer can on Bill's lawn. They almost have to get a dude-vorce, but when they see how much Hank needs their help to fulfill Cotton's last wish (to be flushed down the same toilet that General George S. Patton used right before he was sent to WWII), they decide to put their differences aside, and honor the man that killed "fiddy men".
In the end of the episode, when Hank explains to us about the "clogged toilet" issue at the bar, he says that it will not happen to us, explaining that if we get our toilet clogged, we could consult the hardware store and get a professional plumber.
In the episode, there are many contradictions found with Cotton's requests with numerous episodes:
- Although it is revealed Cotton never fought in Berlin or anywhere in Europe, Cotton's request was to deliver a fork he had "used" in Germany to Bill, which Hank implies it was probably used to kill someone.
- Cotton's last wish was to be flushed, while in "Cotton's Plot", he was given a plot to be buried in. He was also cremated, despite the plot he earned from the episode.
- Fatty died during the war by sharks, which Cotton said "I beat 'em all to death with a big piece of Fatty". Fatty's son said that he had recently passed away. However this could have been another Fatty, as when naming the members of the VA club at least 4 of them had the name Stinky. Also on the list of dead it shows two Fatties.
- Cotton had a French lover, who also said that Cotton made love with her in France.
- Another major inconsistency is that Hank is shown born in a hospital ward, with Cotton flirting with a nurse. In the episode "Yankee Hankee", Tilly explains to Hank that she had no time to get to the hospital and consequently gave birth to Hank in the Women's bathroom at Yankee Stadium; additionally, Cotton was escaping capture after a failed assassination attempt on Castro.
- Dale's father, Bug Gribble, is mentioned in the episode, but his boyfriend's name is revealed to be "Stephano". In the contradicting episode, his boyfriend's name was "Juan"; it is possible Bug may have broke up, but is unlikely.
- Hank Hill
- Peggy Hill
- Bobby Hill
- Luanne Platter
- Dale Gribble
- Bill Dauterive
- Jeff Boomhauer
- Kahn Souphanousinphone
- Cotton Hill (last appearance)
- Lucky Kleinschmidt
- Didi Hill (last appearance)
- The note that requests Hank to flush the ashes clearly does not mention about how it was a military tradition to flush one's ashes down Patton's toilet, as it only discussed about how Hank was to flush the ashes.
- This is Didi Hill's final appearance where she reveals her new marriage to a wealthy professional wrestler.