|Master of Puppets|
|Season 13, Episode 10|
|Air date||March 1, 2009|
|Written by||Blake McCormick|
|Directed by||Tony Kluck|
What Happens at the National Propane Gas Convention in Memphis Stays at the National Propane Gas Convention in Memphis
Bwah My Nose
Master of Puppets is the 10th episode of the the 13th season of King of the Hill and the 247th episode overall. It originally aired on March 1, 2009. It was written by Blake McCormick and directed by Tony Kluck.
Hank and Peggy decide to go out on a date-night at the Pasta Garden and leave Bobby at the Arlen Mall. They don't watch the time and Bobby ends up waiting for them at the Get In Get Out after the mall closes. Realizing that Peggy and Hank both feel guilty he uses this to turn them against each other so he can receive gifts and special treatment. This doesn't work for long; eventually Peggy and Hank come to believe Bobby wants to spend more time with them when he really wants to go to a concert. Bobby confesses to keep his parents from embarrassing him in front of his friends.
Meanwhile, Dale is inspired by "Survivorguy" (a thinly-veiled version of "Survivorman") and videologues himself roughing it in his back yard.
- The episode's title is a reference to the 1986 Metallica album of the same name.
- When Joseph and his friends are looking at mannequins, that is a reference to a past time frequented by Beavis & Butthead.
- Cane Skretteburg and his band make a reappearance in this episode although it is just a small cameo role and he has no lines.
- At the start of the episode, Hank, Dale, Bill and Boomhauer are talking about an episode of the TV show Survivorguy which was a parody of the TV show Survivorman.
- "We're getting a bike. We're not getting a bike. What am I doing?" - Bike Salesman